With the worldwide on-going Covid-19 pandemic and traveling put onto “not recommended” cases, we at Mulberry Boutique Hotel were preparing ourselves for tomorrow. Tomorrow we will be able to travel and we are heart-fully looking forward to company you in your Cambodian journey again.
We closed down on 1st April 2020 to protect our team members and re-opened our doors on 12th May 2020. What happened in between?
- We made it priority to take care of our team members; we ensured all of them could get wages in order to sustain themselves and their families during this #covid19 crisis
- We ensured an healthy Environment for our community and tourists alike; our Team members were as much implicated to clean our Hotel surroundings as well as their neighborhoods during this #stayhome time.
- We donated trees to our community, Siem Reap will be greener than ever, for months/years to come
- And last but not least, we launched the hotelsjoininghands.com daily initiative with our likeminded partners Treeline Urban Resort, Jaya House Hotels and The Cambodian Landmine Museum. As of 2nd June 2020, 18.605+ #plasticfree hot meals have been donated in the sole purpose to support our people during these tough times.
Since our re-opening we also introduced major improvements in terms of daily operations, thus to ensure your tranquility and your safety while you are staying with us:
At the Lobby, Restaurant and Lounge Bar:
- Temperature checks for anyone entering our property, as well as a rigorous hand sanitizing
- All areas are sanitized every 2 hours, in addition to after anyone passing by
- Hand Sanitizers are available in all areas, as well as Organic Mosquito Repellent
- Our staff has been highly trained, and the layout has been re-thought to ensure even more social distancing in public areas
At Mieda Spa:
We understand that you would prefer to take your complimentary therapy as an in-room service. However, we believe that a proper Spa experience is enhanced with the right facilities. This is why we took the following dispositions:
- All facilities at Mieda Spa are sanitized 2 times per day (Massage tables, counter, oil bottles, furnitures etc) as well as before and after any therapy/treatment
- Our therapists are wearing masks for any treatment. They are available on request for any guest.
- It is recommended to take a shower just before any therapy
(Please note that our Spa facilities aren’t available at the time this article was written. These measures are already in place and we will make the space available as soon as Government ban on Spa activity is lifted)
In the Restaurant Kitchen:
- All suppliers entering the property are temperature checked
- All Kitchen Equipment and area is sanitized 2 times per day, as well as after any use
- Kitchen cleaning procedures are reinforced, as well as additional controls for food conservation
In your room:
- All rooms and public areas floors are polished weekly by the Housekeeping with an organic anti-bacterial substance
- Normal checkout time stands at 12:00pm. Check-in time is postponed at 3:00pm to allow our Team members the necessary time to completely sanitize any room before and after use.
- Housekeeping staff is following rigorously cleaning and hygiene procedures and are wearing masks, gloves while doing so. Turndown service staff and any Team member entering your room are following the same procedures.
- Hand Sanitizers and Organic Mosquito Repellent are free to use in your room and will be refilled daily.
- Housekeeping staff is following the procedure concerning bed linen and towels cleaning as per your bathroom card.
- Air conditioning is checked and thoroughly sanitized before room check-in and after room checkout.
With only 13 Suites and large outdoor areas, Mulberry Boutique Hotel indeed benefits of a property layout ensuring social distancing and comfort. We understand why you aren’t able to #travel at the moment. However, when time will come, we aim to guarantee you a safe and personalized experience of Cambodia and its beautiful people.